Baked Pear Fans
- 2 pears peeled, halved, and cored
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Heat oven to 375 degrees. To make pear fans: make 1/4-inch lengthwise slices along length of each half-pear, starting 1/3-inch from the stem end and cutting all the way down toward the rounded end.
Place butter in a 9-inch-square baking pan and melt in the oven. Add lemon juice, pepper, ginger, cinnamon, and 2 tablespoons water to butter, mix well. Place pears in the pan, rounded sides up. Cover with aluminum foil. Bake until pears are fork tender, about forty minutes; turn once halfway through baking time.
With a slotted spoon, transfer pear halves onto serving plates and carefully fan them out. Stir vanilla into sauce in pan. Place pan on stovetop and cook 1 minute to reduce slightly. Spoon sauce over pears. Serve warm or at room temperature.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Carbohydrates: 13 grams
Net Carbs: 11 grams
Fiber: 2 grams
Protein: 0.5 grams
Fat: 3 grams