Bacon-Cheddar Cheese Soup
- 4 strips bacon
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 can reduced-sodium chicken broth - (14 1/2 oz)
- 4 teaspoons ThickenThin Not/Starch thickener
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 12 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika (optional)
In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook bacon 6 minutes, until crisp. Remove and drain on paper towels. Crumble bacon.
Add onion to bacon fat in saucepan; cook 3 minutes, until onion just begins to brown.
Add mustard, pepper and broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Whisk in thickener. Add half-and-half, cheese and paprika; stir until cheese is melted. Ladle soup into four heated soup bowls. Garnish with crumbled bacon.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Carbohydrates: 9 grams
Net Carbs: 7.5 grams
Fiber: 1.5 grams
Protein: 29 grams
Fat: 44 grams