Spinach Pancake With Sunflower Seeds
- 1/4 cup olive oil divided
- 4 green onions chopped
- 1 package frozen chopped spinach - (10 oz) thawed, and squeezed dry
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill (or 1 tspn dried dill)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 3 eggs beaten
- 2 tablespoons roasted sunflower seeds
- Sour cream (optional)
- Additional dill (optional)
Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook green onions about 5 minutes, until softened. Transfer to a large bowl.
Add spinach, parsley, salt, and pepper to bowl; mix well. Pour in eggs and add sunflowers, mix until thoroughly combined.
Heat remaining tablespoon of oil in skillet. Pour in spinach mixture; flatten with a spatula to level. Cover and cook over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, until pancake is set. Invert pancake onto a plate. Cut into wedges. Serve hot or at room temperature, with a dollop of sour cream or chopped dill, if desired.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Carbohydrates: 5 grams
Net Carbs: 2 grams
Fiber: 3 grams
Protein: 7.5 grams
Fat: 20 grams