Classic Crock Pot Roast
- 1 T. vegetable oil
- 1 beef chuck shoulder roast(3-4 pounds)
- 6 medium potatoes, cut into halves
- 6 carrots, sliced
- 2 medium onions, cut into quarters
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 14 1/2 oz. can diced tomatoes, undrained
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dried oregano to taste
- Water as needed
- 1 1/2 - 2 T. all-purpose flour(optional)
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 600mins
Adapted from allrecipes.com
Heat oil in large skiller over medium-low heat until hot.
Add roast; brown on all sides.
Drainand sicard excess fat.
Transfer roast to crock pot
Add potatoes, carrots, onions, celery and tomatoes with juice. Seasaon with salt, pepper and oregano to taste.
Add enough water to cover bottome of crock pot by about 1/2 inch.
Cover, cook on low 8-10 hours
Transfer roast and veggies to serving platter.
To make gravy, whisk together cooking liquid and flour in small saucepan.
Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened
Serve over roast and vegetables.