Sesame Broccoli, Red Pepper And Spinach
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 bunch broccoli cut 1" florets, stems peeled, cut 2" by 1/4" strips
- 1 red bell pepper cut thin strips
- 1 garlic clove pressed
- 1 bag washed spinach - (10 oz)
- 1 small hot red chile or jalapeño pepper seeded, and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
Toast sesame seeds in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, stirring until golden brown and fragrant. Transfer to a small bowl.
Heat oil over medium heat in same skillet until hot. Add broccoli and red pepper; cook until broccoli is crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, spinach, jalapeño, soy sauce, and sesame oil; mix well. Cover and cook until spinach is wilted, about 2 minutes. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
Carbohydrates: 5.5 grams
Net Carbs: 3 grams
Fiber: 2.5 grams
Protein: 3 grams
Fat: 3.5 grams