Portobello And Ricotta Crostini
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil divided
- 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 large garlic clove pressed
- 1 large portabello mushroom stem and gills
- 4 slices Atkins Country White Bread
- 3 tablespoons ricotta cheese drained on a
- doubled paper towel 5 minutes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons tomato pesto
- Finely-chopped fresh parsley if desired
Heat oven to 425 degrees. Combine half the oil with the vinegar and garlic. Brush mixture on both sides of mushroom. Place mushroom, top-side up, on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake 15 to 18 minutes, until golden. Remove from oven, wrap in foil and let stand 5 to 8 minutes to soften. Pat mushroom dry with paper towel. Cut in half, then thinly slice crosswise to form crescent-shaped pieces.
Meanwhile, heat broiler. Cut two circles from each slice of bread with a 2-inch round biscuit cutter. (Use leftover crusts to make fresh breadcrumbs.) Brush both sides of circles with remaining oil. Broil on a baking sheet 4 inches from heat source 30 to 40 seconds per side. Transfer toasts to a rack to cool.
To assemble: Mix ricotta with salt in a cup. Spread each toast evenly with tomato pesto, then with ricotta. Top with slightly overlapping mushroom slices. Sprinkle with parsley, if desired.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Carbohydrates: 10 grams
Net Carbs: 5.5 grams
Fiber: 4.5 grams
Protein: 9 grams
Fat: 7 grams