Oven Fried Mushrooms
- 25 mL (1/2 cup) all-purpose flour
- 2 mL (1/2 teaspoon) paprika
- 250 mL (1 cup) soft breadcrumbs
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) grated Parmesan cheese
- 10 mL (2 teaspoons) dried basil or oregano leaves crushed
- 2 eggs slightly beaten
- 30 mL (2 tablespoons) milk 2 - 227 g
- (8 ounce) packages Campbell's fresh mushrooms
- 50 mL (1/4 cup) butter or margarine, melted
- Dipping sauce (recipe follows)
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 25mins
1. Preheat oven to 220°C (450 °F); lightly grease a 37.5 x 25 cm (15 x 10 inch) jelly-roll pan.
2. Combine flour and paprika in a plastic bag.
3. Combine crumbs, cheese and basil in another plastic bag; combine eggs and milk in a small bowl.
4. Shake mushrooms in flour mixture, dip in egg mixture and shake in crumb mixture, pressing crumbs into mushrooms to coat.
5. Arrange mushrooms cap side down on prepared jelly-roll pan; drizzle with butter and bake 10 min. or until golden; serve dipping sauce.
Combine 50 mL (1/4 cup) mayonnise, 15 mL (1 tablespoon) Dijon-style mustard or prepared horseradish and 15 mL (1 tablespoon) chopped parsley in a small bowl. Makes 50 mL (1/4 cup)
Tip: To prepare ahead, coated mushrooms can be covered and regrigerated until baking time.
Makes 25 appetizers.