Slow Cooker Whole Chicken - Lemon
Your whole chicken and potatoes are ready at the same time with the convenience of a slow cooker. The combination of spices with lemon is yummy!
- 1 whole chicken (3-5 lbs)
- 4 cups of potatoes, cut up
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- Salt, pepper, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, rosemary (to taste)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 lemon
- Olive oil
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 280mins
Adapted from 4.bp.blogspot.com
Sprinkle potatoes with seasoned salt. Top with 3 tablespoons butter chunks. Wrap them up in the foil & place at the bottom of the crock pot. Push the foil pack down so it spreads out a bit & covers the bottom. More so flat than not.
Remove the innards, rinse your chicken & pat dry. Rub it down liberally with olive oil. Then make pockets under the skin & smear 2-3 tablespoons butter under the skin & all over the chicken. Mix up your seasonings (to taste) in a small bowl. Smear under and on top of chicken skin. Halve lemon and add to cavity with a bay leaf.
Place over potatoes, cover, cook on high for 4 hours (or low for 7 hours).
Preheat an oven-safe skillet under the broiler. Broil for 4 minutes for crispy skin.
You'll also love
- Sweet and Sour Sausage 4.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Charred Lemon Chicken Piccata 4.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Tuna Pizza 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Red Cabbage Salad with Cranberries 4.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Spring Salad with Ginger Peach Tea... 4.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Sweet Braided Czech Bread with... 4.9/5 (8 Votes)
- Raisin-Orange Scones 4.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Beefy Slow-Cooker Pot Pie 4.9/5 (7 Votes)