Mixed Greens Cooked With Tomatoes And Ginger
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 small onion finely chopped
- 1 large garlic clove pressed
- 2 medium tomatoes seeded, and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 pounds mixed fresh greens trim, coarsely chop (such as arugula, chard, collard, dandelion, mustard, sorrel and turnip;
- blanch collard, mustard and turnip greens after chopping)
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add onion; cook 5 minutes, until softened. Add garlic and cook 1 minute more. Add tomatoes and ginger and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Stir in greens. Mix well, cover and cook 5 minutes, until wilted. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
Carbohydrates: 11 grams
Net Carbs: 6.5 grams
Fiber: 4.5 grams
Protein: 4 grams
Fat: 6.5 grams