Sweet Potato, Spinach, and Black Bean Pie-Vegan
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 onions (1 cup), diced
- 6 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 small sweet potatoes (2 cups), diced
- 2 cups frozen spinach
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 lime (2 tablespoons), juiced
- dash ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 pound round puff pastry (you could use phyllo dough)
Adapted from keyingredient.com
1. Heat a pot with a lid over medium high heat. Add olive oil and diced onions. Cook until lightly brown. Add garlic. Saute for another minute.
2. Add vegetable broth and sweet potatoes. Cook with the lid on, until sweet potatoes are slightly softened. Then add the spinach and cook with the lid off until the spinach is no longer frozen.
3. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Add black beans to the mixture, along with the cumin, lime juice, black pepper, and nutritional yeast. Let the extra liquid cook off. Stir in cilantro.
4. Pour the mixture into a pie dish and lay the puff pastry on top. Bake for about 15 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
You'll also love
- Microwave Caramel Corn 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Potatoe Soup 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Butternut Squash, Caramelized... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Polenta al Forno With Spinach,... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Stir Fry Snow Peas 4/5 (1 Votes)
- German Potato Salad 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Lentil Soup with Plantains 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Burrito Smothered in... 4/5 (1 Votes)