Kale With Bacon And Garlic
- 1 pound kale coarse stems
- discarded, leaves washed, coarsely chopped
- 4 ounces sliced bacon cut crosswise
- into 1/2" pieces
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red-pepper flakes
- 4 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
In a large pot of lightly salted boiling water, cook kale until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain; reserve 1/2 cup cooking water. Rinse kale under cold water and pat dry.
In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan and set aside. Reduce heat to low; add onion and pepper flakes to bacon drippings. Cook 10 minutes, until onion is tender and lightly golden. Add garlic during last minute of cooking time. Drain off excess fat.
Return kale, reserved cooking water and vinegar to skillet. Mix well and heat through. Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle with Parmesan.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
Carbohydrates: 8.5 grams
Net Carbs: 7 grams
Fiber: 1.5 grams
Protein: 7.5 grams
Fat: 6 grams
You'll also love
- Kale Gratin With Creamy Muenster... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Hearts Of Palm And Cherry Tomato... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Ginger, Almond And Garlic Broccoli 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Escarole With Pancetta 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Deep-Fried Kale 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Broccoli Purée With Browned... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Veal Stew With Mushrooms And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Veal Saltimbocca 0/5 (0 Votes)