Apple-Glazed Ham Loaf
A sweet and tangy glaze tops this ham loaf.
- •3/4 cup apple jelly
- •3 tablespoons brown sugar, firmly packed
- •3/4 tablespoon lemon juice
- •1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- Ham Loaf:
- •2 eggs
- •1-1/2 cups cracker crumbs
- •1 tablespoons brown sugar, firmly packed
- •5 oz. Evaporated milk (one small can)
- •2 tablespoons Half-and-Half
- •1/3 cup onion, grated or finely minced
- •Pinch pepper
- •1/2 tablespoon dry mustard
- •1 lb. ham, cooked and ground or chopped in a food processor
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
For the glaze, stir together first four ingredients. Heat over low heat or in the microwave until jelly melts. Bring to a boil and boil for one minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Allow to cool to room temperature.
In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs slightly. Add cracker crumbs, brown sugar, evaporated milk, Half-and-Half, onion, pepper and dry mustard. Mix well. Add the ham and thoroughly combine. If too dry, add more Half-and-Half.
Grease a loaf pan and spoon mixture into container. Bake for 1 hour, or until well-browned. After the first 30 minutes, brush every 15 minutes with the glaze.
Serve with any remaining glaze.
Yield: one loaf.