Kale Ricotta Dumplings With Sage Brown Butter
- 1 package frozen chopped kale or collard greens - (10 oz) thawed, squeezed dry
- 1 cup whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese divided (preferably freshly grated)
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons Atkins Bake Mix plus
- 1/2 cup Atkins Bake Mix
- 4 tablespoons butter cut in pieces
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage leaves (or 3/4 tspn dried, crumbled sage)
In a large bowl, mix kale, ricotta cheese, 1/2 cup of the Parmesan, eggs, salt and 3 tablespoons bake mix until mixture resembles a thick, slightly stiff batter.
Place remaining bake mix in a shallow dish. Dip your hands in bake mix and form ricotta mixture into 1-inch balls. Roll them lightly in bake mix to coat evenly. Transfer to a tray lightly dusted with bake mix. (Dumplings may be made ahead to this point and frozen.)
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly butter a shallow baking dish. Bring a medium saucepan of lightly salted water to a simmer. Cook dumplings, 8 or 9 at a time, 2 to 3 minutes, until they float to the surface of the water. Remove with a slotted spoon and transfer to buttered dish.
In a small saucepan melt butter with sage; cook until butter turns a light brown, about 3 minutes. Drizzle dumplings with sage butter. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan. Bake 10 minutes, until lightly browned.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
Carbohydrates: 6 grams
Net Carbs: 4 grams
Fiber: 2 grams
Protein: 18.5 grams
Fat: 21 grams