Grilled Green And Yellow Squash With Basil
- 2 medium zucchini trimmed, and cut diagonally into 1/4" slices
- 1 medium yellow squash trimmed, and cut diagonally into 1/4" slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons thinly-sliced basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/2 packet sugar substitute
Prepare a medium grill or heat broiler. In a large bowl, combine zucchini, yellow squash, oil, salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
Grill squash (in batches, if necessary) 2 to 3 minutes per side until lightly charred and just tender. Transfer to a large bowl and toss with basil, parsley, lemon juice, lemon rind and sugar substitute.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
Carbohydrates: 3 grams
Net Carbs: 2 grams
Fiber: 1 grams
Protein: 1 grams
Fat: 4.5 grams