Grilled Eggplant With Vinaigrette And Pecorino Cheese
- 1 medium eggplant cut lengthwise
- into 1/8" slices
- 1/4 cup olive oil plus
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 packet sugar substitute
- 1 garlic clove pressed
- 1 teaspoon chopped Italian (flat leaf) parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 ounces Pecorino cheese in one piece
Sprinkle eggplant with salt and place in a colander for 15 minutes to drain bitter juices. Rinse and pat dry with paper towels.
Brush slices with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Grill or broil 3 minutes per side, until very lightly charred. Arrange slices in a circular pattern on a platter.
Combine remaining 1/4 cup oil, vinegar, sugar substitute, garlic, parsley, oregano, black, and red pepper and a pinch of salt. Drizzle over eggplant slices.
With a vegetable peeler, shave slices of pecorino cheese over eggplant.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
Carbohydrates: 6 grams
Net Carbs: 4.5 grams
Fiber: 1.5 grams
Protein: 9.5 grams
Fat: 21 grams