Ginger, Almond And Garlic Broccoli
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons finely-sliced peeled fresh gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 2 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 1 bunch broccoli cut 1" florets, stems peeled and cut 1/4"-thk slices
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
In a large heavy skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook ginger, almonds and garlic until golden, about 3 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer mixture to a paper towel to drain.
Add broccoli to skillet and cook until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in chicken broth, soy sauce and vinegar. Bring to a boil, and cook until liquid is almost evaporated. Toss the broccoli with ginger mixture before serving.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Carbohydrates: 7 grams
Net Carbs: 5.5 grams
Fiber: 1.5 grams
Protein: 2.5 grams
Fat: 9 grams