- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds celery trimmed, and cut into 2" pieces
- 1/4 onion finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ThickenThin NotStarch thickener
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 small plum tomatoes seeded, chopped
- 6 green olives chopped
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add celery and onion; cook 5 minutes, until onion is softened. Sprinkle with thickener, salt and pepper and mix well. Sauté 2 minutes. Stir in broth; heat to boiling.
Cover and simmer 10 to 15 minutes, until celery is tender.
Uncover and stir in tomatoes and olives. Simmer 3 minutes, until liquid thickens. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with parsley.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
Carbohydrates: 8.5 grams
Net Carbs: 6 grams
Fiber: 2.5 grams
Protein: 1.5 grams
Fat: 6 grams