Cauliflower With Indian Spices
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 small tomato finely chopped
- 1 medium cauliflower head trimmed, and separated small florets
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
In a large skillet, melt butter and oil over medium heat. Add cumin, coriander, and ginger. Cook spices until fragrant, about one minute.
Add tomato and cauliflower florets to skillet. Gently mix until cauliflower is evenly coated with spice mixture. Add 1/4 cup water. Cover; cook 20 minutes, until cauliflower is tender. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
Carbohydrates: 5 grams
Net Carbs: 2.5 grams
Fiber: 3.5 grams
Protein: 2 grams
Fat: 5 grams