Warm Chicken And Radish Salad With Wilted Romaine
- 1/4 cup olive oil plus
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/4 packet sugar substitute
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast filets
- 1 small red or yellow bell pepper thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 cup quartered radishes - (abt 4 oz)
- 3 green onions cut 1" diagonally
- 2 cups romaine lettuce in bite sized pieces
In a bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup olive oil, vinegar, mustard, salt, pepper and sugar substitute; set aside.
Heat oven to warm setting. Heat remaining tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle chicken with salt. Cook 5 minutes per side until golden brown and cooked through. Thinly slice chicken; place in oven to keep warm.
In same skillet, cook pepper about 5 minutes, until soft. Add garlic and cook 1 minute more. Stir in radishes and green onions. Cook 5 minutes, until radishes are crisp-tender. Mix in lettuce and chicken. Heat through until lettuce wilts slightly.
Transfer to a bowl; toss with dressing until evenly coated. Serve immediately.
This recipe yields 2 servings.
Carbohydrates: 9.5 grams
Net Carbs: 6.5 grams
Fiber: 3 grams
Protein: 50.5 grams
Fat: 47 grams