Veal Stew With Mushrooms And Smoked Provolone
- 2 pounds veal stew meat cut 1 1/2" cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Atkins Bake Mix
- 3 tablespoons butter divided
- 2 tablespoons oil divided
- 2 cups sliced Portabello mushrooms
- 3 celery stalks diced
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 4 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 can reduced sodium chicken broth - (14 1/2 oz)
- 3/4 cup shredded smoked provolone or mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Sprinkle veal with salt, pepper, and bake mix. In a Dutch oven (or large nonstick skillet with a cover) melt 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Saute half the veal until lightly browned. Transfer to a platter; repeat with remaining veal.
Melt remaining tablespoon of butter in Dutch oven. Add mushrooms, celery, onion and garlic to Dutch oven. Cook vegetables 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened.
Add paprika, broth, parsley and veal; bring to a simmer. Cover, and cook over low heat 45 to 55 minutes, until veal is tender. Just before serving, stir in cheese and parsley.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
Carbohydrates: 6 grams
Net Carbs: 4.5 grams
Fiber: 1.5 grams
Protein: 33.5 grams
Fat: 24 grams