Sweet And Sour Pork
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless pork chops cut 1/2" strips
- 2 teaspoons freshly-grated ginger divided
- 2 tablespoons finely-chopped garlic
- 4 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 red bell pepper cut thin strips
- 1 celery stalk thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup steel's sweet and sour sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 carrot ribboned, and cut into 1" pieces
- 4 green onions thinly sliced
In a bowl, toss pork with 1 teaspoon ginger, 3 teaspoons garlic and 2 tablespoons soy sauce.
In large non-stick skillet or wok, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium high heat. Add pork, cook stirring 3 minutes, until almost cooked through. Remove from skillet, keep warm.
In same skillet, heat remaining tablespoon oil, 1 teaspoon ginger and 3 teaspoons garlic. Cook 30 seconds, stirring, until fragrant. Add bell pepper and celery; cook 2 minutes, until softened. Add sweet and sour sauce, cayenne and remaining 2 tablespoons soy sauce. Bring to boil, add pork and carrots; stir to combine and finish cooking pork, 1 minute or so. Mix in green onions.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Carbohydrates: 8.3 grams
Net Carbs: 6.8 grams
Fiber: 1.5 grams
Protein: 23.2 grams
Fat: 14.9 grams