Roast Rack Of Lamb
- 2 racks lamb - (14 bones total) frenched by butcher
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary leaves plus sprigs
- for garnish
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
Heat oven to 400 degrees. Sprinkle lamb with salt and pepper. Melt butter in a large non-stick skillet. Sear lamb on both sides until golden.
In a small bowl, mix parsley, mint, rosemary and garlic. When lamb is cool enough to handle, brush with mustard. Pat herb mixture onto mustard.
Place lamb racks in a roasting pan. Roast 20 to 25 minutes for medium-rare. An instant-read thermometer should register 120 degrees. Let rest 10 minutes before slicing between the bones to separate chops. Garnish with rosemary sprigs.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
Carbohydrates: 1.5 grams
Net Carbs: 1 grams
Fiber: 0.5 grams
Protein: 58.5 grams
Fat: 32 grams