Haddock with Smoked Sea Salt Crust & Cherry Tomato Scramble
An elegant and rapid way to cook fresh fillets of haddock--the smoked sea salt crust adds to the delicate taste of the fish without overpowering it. Serve this recipe for haddock with smoked sea salt crust and cherry tomato scramble with a side of rice or orzo, a lightly dressed side salad, or a decadent scoop of velvety mashed potatoes, and your favorite dry white wine, of course.
- 2 teaspoons grapeseed oil
- 1 teaspoon plain flour
- 1 (5 to 6-ounce) wild haddock fillet, skinned, bones removed
- 1/4 teaspoon Maldon smoked sea salt
- zest and juice of half a lemon
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small pink shallot, peeled and very finely diced
- black pepper to taste
- parsley and lemon juice to garnish
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
Mix the smoked sea salt and flour together and coat the haddock fillet on both sides.
Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a large frying pan and add the shallots, tomatoes, lemon zest, juice and parsley and fry for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the shallots are cooked and the tomatoes are soft but still whole. Push them to one side of the pan, adjust seasoning with salt and pepper and add the other teaspoon of oil.
Fry the haddock in the oil for 3 to 5 minutes on one side (depends on the thickness) before carefully turning over and frying for a further 3 to 5 minutes on the other side.
Spoon the tomato mixture into a heated bowl, then carefully place the haddock on top, garnish with parsley and squeeze some more lemon juice over the top, serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Steamed Mussels with Fennel &... 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Blue Cheese and Caramelized... 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Olallieberry Jam 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Mason Jar Salads with Avocado... 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Maple Teriyaki Glazed Salmon 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Tomato, Basil and Mozzarella Salad... 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Fresh Cherry Cake 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Louisiana Crawfish Etouffee 4/5 (5 Votes)