Pan Fried Flounder
Main Meal (5 ppv)
- 1 lb flounder fillets
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 large egg white, whipped until stiff
- 1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp finely minced fresh thyme (or 1 tsp dried thyme)
- 1/2 tsp table salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper or to taste
- 2 sprays olive oil cooking spray
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, cut into 4 wedges
Preparation time 14mins
Cooking time 20mins
Rinse fish; pat dry. Place fish on a plate and spread both sides of fish with mustard; dip into egg white and set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine cornmeal, parmesan cheese, thyme, salt and pepper. Dust fish with cornmeal mixture; making sure to cover both sides.
Coat a large skillet with cooking spray and set over medium to medium high heat; heat oil until shimmering. Add fish to skillet and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on one side; flip fish and cook until done on other side, about 2 to 3 minutes more.
Serve fish with lemon wedges. Yields about 3 oz of fish per serving.