Holiday White Fruitcake
Years ago, when I attended Koloa Missionary Church in Hawaii, a friend gave me this recipe. Now I whip up at least 60 loaves for the holidays. —Eileen Sokolowski, Chandler, Arizona
- 1 (8-ounce) package mixed candied fruit, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups golden raisins
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped & toasted
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 70mins
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
Preheat oven to 275°F. Line bottoms of four greased 9x5-inch loaf pans with parchment paper; grease paper.
In a small bowl, toss candied fruit, raisins and walnuts with 1/2 cup flour. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in remaining flour. Fold in fruit mixture.
Transfer to prepared pans. Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool.
Yield: 4 loaves (16 slices each).
You'll also love
- Strawberry Rhubarb Sorbet 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Creamy Hot Artichoke Dip 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Your New Avocado Toast 4.7/5 (12 Votes)
- Sour Dough Starter- How to Feed &... 4.3/5 (20 Votes)
- Upside-Down Apple French Toast... 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Decadent Red Velvet Scones 4.3/5 (21 Votes)
- Pumpkin Spice Cake Balls 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Pumpkin Layer Cake 4.5/5 (18 Votes)