Cold Cucumber and Honeydew Melon Soup with Crab
- 2 quarts roughly chopped, peeled
- and seeded English cucumbers
- 1 quart roughly chopped, peeled
- and seeded ripe honeydew melon
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/3 cup light cream
- salt to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon hot sauce
- 10 ounces fresh picked crab meat
- 3/4 cup seeded and diced yellow
- and/or red tomato
- 1/2 cup diced ripe (yet still firm)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon
- (or basil)
- Garnish: fresh herb sprigs
Adapted from hr.duke.edu
1. Add the cucumbers, melon, 2 tablespoons of the lemon juice and the sugar
to a food processor and puree until smooth.
2. Strain through a medium strainer pushing down on the solids with a rubber
spatula to extract as much liquid as possible.
3. Stir in the cream and season to taste with salt and hot sauce. You should end
up with about 1 quart of soup. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
4. Gently combine the crab, tomato, avocado and herbs. Season to taste with
salt, hot sauce and lemon juice.
5. To serve: Gently press the crab mixture into a 1/4 cup measuring cup and
unmold in the center of a large, flat soup plate. Ladle the chilled cucumber.
You'll also love
- Easy Canned Venison 0/5 (0 Votes)
- "Crawfish Boil" Fried Chicken 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spinach &Feta-Stuffed... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sauce: Beet Bordelaise 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chocolate Chip Banana Lactation... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spicy Crab Stuffed Mushrooms 0/5 (0 Votes)
- pink shrimp dip 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cucumber Namasu 0/5 (0 Votes)