Mushroom Salad With Walnuts And Watercress
- 1 large shallot finely diced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons walnut or olive oil divided
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 2 large portobello mushrooms stems removed
- 3 tablespoons walnut or extra-virgin olive oil plus a little extra
- 1 bunch watercress stems discarded, washed and dried
- 3 tablespoons walnuts roasted, chopped
Heat broiler. For vinaigrette: Combine shallot, salt and vinegar in a bowl. Whisk 2 tablespoons walnut oil into mixture. Season to taste with pepper.
Brush mushrooms with remaining oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill or broil 4 minutes per side 4 inches from heat source.
Cut mushrooms into wide strips. Toss with 1 tablespoon vinaigrette.
Arrange watercress and walnuts on salad plates and spoon remaining vinaigrette evenly over each. Arrange mushrooms on top.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Carbohydrates: 5 grams
Net Carbs: 3.5 grams
Fiber: 1.5 grams
Protein: 3 grams
Fat: 14 grams