Mexican Shrimp And Vegetable Salad
- 4 turnips - (abt 1 lb) trimmed, peeled, and cut into 1/2" cubes
- 1 medium carrot peeled, and cut into 1/2" cubes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup green salsa
- 2 pounds medium-large shrimp peeled, deveined
- 1 medium tomato cored, and cut into 1/2" dice
- 1 head Boston lettuce separated into
- leaves, washed and dried
- 1 ripe avocado peeled, pitted, and cut into 1/2" cubes
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
In a medium saucepan, cook turnips and carrot in lightly salted boiling water 7 to 8 minutes, until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse under cold water. Pat dry.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add salsa and cook 5 minutes, until slightly thickened. Add shrimp and cook 2 minutes. Stir in vegetables; cook 2 minutes more until shrimp are just cooked and vegetables are heated through
Arrange lettuce leaves on individual serving plates. Top with shrimp mixture; garnish with avocado cubes and cilantro.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
Carbohydrates: 11 grams
Net Carbs: 7 grams
Fiber: 4 grams
Protein: 21 grams
Fat: 13 grams