Mediterranean Veal With Veggie Kabobs
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- VEAL AND KABOBS:
- 4 veal shoulder arm staeks or blade steaks, 3/4" thick - (abt 3 lbs)
- 1 large zucchini scrubbed, and cut in 1" thick slices
- 1/2 pound medium mushrooms
- 2 small red or yellow bell peppers cut 1 1/2" pieces
- 1/4 cup Nicoise or kalamata black olives cut in slivers
Combine marinade ingredients; transfer half to a large resealable bag. Place veal steaks in bag; turn to coat. Refrigerate 2 hours or overnight. 30 minutes before cooking veal, add vegetables to remaining marinade.
Prepare medium grill or heat broiler. Remove veal from marinade (discard veal marinade). Grill or broil veal 15 to 18 minutes, turning once, for medium doneness.
Thread vegetables on skewers, reserving vegetable marinade. (If using wooden skewers, soak them in water 20 minutes to prevent burning.) Grill or broil vegetables 10 minutes, turning occasionally.
Remove vegetables from skewers and toss with reserved marinade and olives. Trim fat from veal and remove bones; carve crosswise into thin slices. Serve with vegetables.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Carbohydrates: 7.5 grams
Net Carbs: 5 grams
Fiber: 2.5 grams
Protein: 50 grams
Fat: 20.5 grams