Spiced Orange and Pear Compote Recipe
- 4 navel oranges, peeled and supremed
- 1 tablespoon bourbon (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon Pure Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon crystallized ginger, finely minced
- Pinch grated nutmeg
- 1 pear, peeled and diced
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- vanilla ice cream (for serving; optional)
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
Mix orange supremes, bourbon, vanilla extract, cinnamon, crystallized ginger, and nutmeg in a medium bowl and set aside to marinate.
In a medium saucepan, bring the diced pear, water, and sugar to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring often. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer until the liquid is syrupy, about 8 minutes. Pour the pear mixture over the oranges and mix well. Refrigerate until cold. Serve spooned over soft cheese and crackers, or over vanilla ice cream if desired.