Lemon And Herb Green Bean Salad
- 2 pounds green beans trimmed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon finely-minced fresh marjoram or oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 small onion very thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- Lemon wedges (optional)
Fill a large saucepan two-thirds full with water and bring to a boil. Add beans and cook 6 to 8 minutes, until just tender and still bright green. Transfer to a colander and rinse under cold water to cool. Drain well.
In a large bowl, toss beans with remaining ingredients except lemon wedges. Store refrigerated in an airtight container. Bag lemon wedges, if desired, to serve with salad.
This recipe yields 8 servings.
Carbohydrates: 9.5 grams
Net Carbs: 6 grams
Fiber: 3.5 grams
Protein: 2 grams
Fat: 3 grams