Kielbasa With Caraway Kraut
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 small onion thinly sliced
- 1 package refrigerated sauerkraut - (1 lb) with juice
- 1 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon dijon style mustard
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon peppercorns lightly crushed
- 1 1/2 pounds kielbasa sausage cut into slices
Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat and sauté onion 5 minutes until soft. Add sauerkraut, broth, mustard, bay leaf, caraway seeds and peppercorns; mix well.
Cover pan and simmer mixture 30 minutes. Add sausage, mix well and simmer 20 minutes. Remove bay leaf before serving.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
Carbohydrates: 6.5 grams
Net Carbs: 4.5 grams
Fiber: 2 grams
Protein: 17.5 grams
Fat: 33 grams