Italian Seafood Salad
- 1 1/2 pounds mussels scrubbed, and beards removed
- 3/4 pound octopus or squid cut rings or pieces
- 3/4 pound medium shrimp shelled, deveined
- 1/2 pound cooked crab meat
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 8 Boston lettuce leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 lemon thinly sliced
Bring 1 cup of water to a boil over high heat in a large saucepot with a cover. Add mussels; cook 10 minutes. Remove mussels from their shells and transfer to a large bowl. Discard any unopened mussels.
Bring a quart of lightly salted water to a boil. Add octopus; cook 45 seconds, just until opaque. Remove with a slotted spoon and add to bowl with mussels. Cook shrimp 2 to 3 minutes; just until cooked through. Remove with a slotted spoon and add to bowl. Stir in crab.
Add oil, vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper to seafood. Mix until thoroughly combined. Refrigerate 2 hours for flavors to develop.
To serve, divide lettuce leaves on 4 plates. Mound seafood salad over lettuce; sprinkle with parsley and garnish with lemon slices.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Carbohydrates: 11 grams
Net Carbs: 11 grams
Protein: 52 grams
Fat: 15 grams