Grilled Pork And Mushroom Salad
- 1/3 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons finely-chopped fresh basil (or 2 tspns dried basil)
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 4 boneless pork chops, abt 3/4" thick
- 8 ounces Portobello mushrooms (or large white stuffing mushrooms)
- 1 package salad greens - (10 oz)
Make vinaigrette dressing: Whisk together oil, vinegar, mustard and basil in a small bowl until well combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Separate 1/4 cup dressing to baste the chops.
Season chops with salt and pepper; grill or broil 12 to 15 minutes just until done, but still moist, brushing occasionally with vinaigrette. Grill mushrooms 5 minutes, basting with vinaigrette. Cut pork into 1-inch cubes. Slice mushrooms into thick strips.
Toss salad greens with remaining vinaigrette. Divide salad onto four plates; top with pork and mushrooms.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Carbohydrates: 8 grams
Net Carbs: 6 grams
Fiber: 2 grams
Protein: 38 grams
Fat: 28.5 grams