Cornish Hens Burgundy
- 1 6 oz. package wild and white rice mix
- 4 each 4 each cornish hen
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup burgundy wine
- 1 cup currant jelly
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 dash salt and pepper
Cook rice according to package directions and stuff hens.
Lightly salt and pepper hens. In a saucepan, combine remaining ingredients.
Let bubble until thickened. Place hens in roasting pan and cover tightly with foil.
Bake at 400 degrees for 1- 1 1/2 hrs., basting often with glaze.
Split hens down the middle to serve. Pass remaining sauce.
You'll also love
- Roasted Carrots and Peas 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Golden Lemon Cheese Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chinese Pork Tenderloin 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Wild Duck 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cheeseburger Potato Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Goose Liver Spread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Corny Macaroni and Cheese 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Jiffy Scalloped Corn Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)