Foolproof Chocolate Frosting
You really can't mess up this recipe for Foolproof Chocolate Frosting. As long as you follow the instructions, it's perfect every time!
- 20 tablespoons (2 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened (60 to 65°F)
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar (4 ounces)
- 3/4 cup Dutch-processed cocoa
- Pinch table salt
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces milk chocolate, melted and cooled to 85 and 100°F
In food processor, process butter, sugar, cocoa, and salt until smooth, about 30 seconds, scraping sides of bowl as needed. Add corn syrup and vanilla and process until just combined, 5 to 10 seconds. Scrape sides of bowl, then add chocolate and pulse until smooth and creamy, 10 to 15 seconds. Frosting can be used immediately or held.
Makes 3 cups to frost one 9-inch 2-layer cake.
This frosting may be made with milk, semisweet, or bittersweet chocolate