Poppy Seed Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 2 lb.)
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 (10.5-oz.) can cream of chicken
- 1 (8-oz.) container sour cream
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. poppy seeds
- 1 tsp. lemon zest (optional)
- 1/4 c. freshly chopped parsley, divided
- 1 Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 c. sleeve buttery crackers, such as Ritz
- 1/4 c. freshly grated Parmesan
- 3 tbsp. melted butter
Preheat oven to 350°. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Cook chicken until golden and cooked through, 8 minutes per side. Let rest 10 minutes, then cut into 1" pieces.
In a large bowl, stir to combine chicken soup, sour cream, garlic, poppy seeds, lemon zest if using, and 3 tablespoons parsley. Fold in chicken and season with salt and pepper. Pour into a medium baking dish.
In a medium bowl, stir to combine crushed crackers, parmesan, melted butter, and remaining parsley. Sprinkle mixture in an even layer over the chicken. Bake until warmed through and bubbling, 25 to 30 minutes.