Oven-Baked Chicken Parmesan
Ready in only 30 minutes, this delicious oven baked chicken Parmesan is a perfect weeknight meal. Recipe also includes some other tasty variations, BBQ and Mexican style.
- 6 small chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, halves (1 1/2-pounds))
- 1 package Shake 'N Bake chicken coating mix
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Dried oregano leaves to sprinkle
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from kraftrecipes.com
Heat oven to 400°F.
Coat chicken with coating mix and the 1 teaspoon oregano as directed on package; place in 13x9-inch pan.
Bake 20 minutes or until chicken is done (165°F).
Top with remaining ingredients; bake 5 minutes or until mozzarella is melted.
Cheese BBQ Chicken - Substitute 1 cup of BBQ Sauce for spaghetti sauce and an equal amount of shredded cheddar cheese for mozzarella. Sprinkle with sliced green onions and/or bacon bits.
Mexican Baked Chicken - Substitute 1 jar (16-ounce) thick and chunky salsa for spaghetti sauce and an equal amount of shredded Mexican style cheese for mozzarella.