- 3 cups chopped Romaine lettuce - (abt 1/3 head)
- 3 cups chopped iceberg lettuce - (abt1/3 head)
- 1 pound cooked chicken or turkey breast diced
- 8 slices bacon cooked, crumbled
- 1 tomato seeded, diced
- 4 green onions, whites and 1" of green chopped
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 packet sugar substitute
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 large avocado peeled, sliced
- 3/4 cup crumbled Roquefort cheese - (abt 6 oz)
- 1 hard-boiled egg very finely chopped
In a large bowl, mix Romaine and iceberg lettuces, chicken, bacon, tomato, and green onions.
In a small bowl, whisk vinegar, mustard, and sugar substitute until combined. Slowly whisk in olive oil. Pour 3/4 of the dressing over salad and mix well. Divide salad on 4 plates.
Sprinkle cheese and chopped eggs over salads. Arrange avocado slices on top; drizzle with remaining dressing. (Avocados, though a fruit, are allowed on Induction in moderation.)
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Carbohydrates: 12 grams
Net Carbs: 6.5 grams
Fiber: 5.5 grams
Protein: 47 grams
Fat: 57 grams