Prime Rib with Herbes de Provence Crust
- Seasoned simply with herbes de Provence, salt and pepper, this standing rib roast is the perfect centerpiece for a holiday feast. Serve our Hasselback potatoes alongside.
- 5 -rib standing beef rib roast, about 10 lb. (5 kg)
- 3 Tbs. herbes de Provence
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- Maldon sea salt for sprinkling
Adapted from williams-sonoma.com
Tie kitchen string around the roast in between each bone. In a small bowl, stir together the herbes de Provence, kosher salt and pepper. Rub the roast on all sides with the mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 12 hours or up to 48 hours.
Position a rack in the lower third of an oven and preheat to 450°F (230°C).
Place the roast, fat side up, on a rack in a large roasting pan. Transfer to the oven and roast for 20 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 350°F (180°C) and continue roasting until the internal temperature of the meat registers 125°F (52°C) for very rare to rare, about 2 hours more, or until done to your liking.
Transfer the roast to a carving board, cover loosely with aluminum foil and let rest for 10 to 15 minutes. Sprinkle the roast with Maldon sea salt. Carve the roast and arrange on a warmed platter. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Slow Cooker Ratatouille Soup 4.2/5 (10 Votes)
- Shrimp Corn Fritters with Red... 4.2/5 (10 Votes)
- Turkey Smoked Sausage Pasta Skillet 4.2/5 (10 Votes)
- Chanterelles with Sage, Roasted... 4/5 (20 Votes)
- Carne de Puerco con Calabacitas y... 4/5 (24 Votes)
- Secrets Of Cooking Beef Prime Rib... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)