Broccoli Salad With Olives
- 1 small head broccoli separated into
- 1 large garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon capers drained, rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 celery stalks thinly sliced
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 6 pimiento-stuffed Spanish olives sliced
Cook broccoli in lightly salted boiling water 5 minutes, until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse under cold water.
In a blender or food processor, puree garlic, vinegar, capers, salt, and pepper. With motor running, add oil in a thin, steady stream; blend until smooth. Pour dressing into a large salad bowl.
Thinly slice broccoli florets, and add to dressing. Mix in celery, green onions, and olives. Toss gently to coat evenly with dressing.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Carbohydrates: 9.7 grams
Net Carbs: 6.5 grams
Fiber: 3.2 grams
Protein: 2.7 grams
Fat: 18.8 grams