Red Curry Chicken Wings
Chicken wings are broiled, then simmered in a slow cooker in a curry sauce, which then gets reduced to serve with the wings. Fresh basil brightens the dish up.
- 3 pounds chicken wings, about 16 wings
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 to 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1/3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, finely shredded
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 115mins
Preheat broiler. If desired, use a sharp knife to carefully cut off tips of the wings; discard tips. Cut each wing at joint to make 2 pieces.
Place wing pieces in a single layer on the unheated rack of a foil-lined broiler pan. Broil 4 to 5 inches from the heat for 10 to 12 minutes or until chicken is brown, turning once. Drain off fat.
Meanwhile, in a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker combine coconut milk, fish sauce, and curry paste. When they're done, add wing pieces and onion, stirring to coat with curry mixture.
Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 3 to 4 hours or on high-heat setting for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
Using a slotted spoon, remove chicken from cooker; cover with foil to keep warm. Skim fat from curry mixture.
To finish the sauce, in a medium saucepan combine cornstarch and water; stir in curry mixture. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Stir in basil. Serve chicken wings with sauce.
Nutrition Facts (Red Curry Chicken Wings) Servings Per Recipe 16,
cal. (kcal) 183,
Fat, total (g) 14,
chol. (mg) 47,
sat. fat (g) 5,
carb. (g) 3,
Monosaturated fat (g) 4,
Polyunsaturated fat (g) 2,
pro. (g) 12,
vit. A (IU) 97,
vit. C (mg) 1,
Thiamin (mg) 0,
Riboflavin (mg) 0,
Niacin (mg) 4,
Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0,
Folate (µg) 8,
Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 0,
sodium (mg) 488,
Potassium (mg) 151,
calcium (mg) 20,
iron (mg) 1,
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
You'll also love
- Broccoli & Crouton Casserole 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Jerk Cornish Hens 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Mama's Family Leg of Lamb 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Olallieberry Jam 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Cucumber Tea Sandwiches 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Duck Breasts with Citrus Port... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Buffalo Chicken Cheese Ball 4.2/5 (34 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Chicken Burrito Bowls 4.4/5 (17 Votes)