Mushroom Crust Quiche
Really delicious, also low carb.
- Mushroom Crust
- 8 oz. fresh mushrooms, minced. I used a food processor
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup crushed saltine crumbs, or any cracker
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups shredded Monterrey Jack or swiss cheese
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, I cut in hals if you like spicy add whole thing
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
Crust: preheat oven to 350@. Saure the minced mushrooms in 3 tablespoons butter in a lg. skillet. When most of liquid evaporates add cracker crumbs. Press the mixture into a 9" greased pie plate.
Filling: Saure in 2 tablespoons butter 3/4 cup green onions, till tender. Sprinkle over the mushrooms in prepared pie plate. Top with the Monterey Jack cheese.
Combine the cottage cheese, eggs and cayenne pepper in a bowl and mix well. Spoon into the prepared pie plate. Sprinkle with papriks. Bake for 35-40 min, or till light brown and almost set in center. Let stand for 15-20 min. before serving.