- 8 pork cutlets (or boneless chops pounded thin)
- 8 breakfast sausage links (Jimmy Dean, Bob Evans, etc.)
- 1 egg beaten with
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup crushed pork rinds
- 8 ounces low-carb (no sugar added) tomato sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly-ground white pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded cheese (Cheddar, Mozzarella, Swiss)
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Sauté sausage until lightly browned. Place one sausage link on each pork cutlet and roll up, tucking in ends of pork to make a pouch. Hold together with a toothpick. Dip in egg and roll in crushed pork rinds.
Chill thoroughly at least an hour (this keeps them together, so don't skip this step).
Arrange in baking dish, cover with sauce, and sprinkle with cheese. Bake 1 hour at 325 degrees until done. (These can also be wrapped in foil and grilled, turning once.) Remove toothpicks before serving.
This recipe yields 8 servings; 2 grams of carbohydrate per serving.
You'll also love
- Pork Medallions Dijon 0/5 (0 Votes)