Mustard BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 cup finely-chopped white onion
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/3 cup spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 4 garlic cloves minced (or garlic powder to taste)
- 5 packets Splenda - (to 6) or to taste
- 1 teaspoon brown Sugar Twin
- 1/2 teaspoon Liquid Smoke
In a small saucepan, combine onion, vinegar, mustard, celery seed, garlic, sweeteners and Liquid Smoke. Bring to boiling.
Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until sauce reaches desired consistency.
Remove from heat. Spoon over grilled or broiled beef, pork or chicken.
This recipe yields approximately 1 cup sauce; 2 carb grams per tablespoon.