Low Carbohydrate 'Corn' Bread
- 1 cup butter - (2 sticks) softened
- 2 packets Splenda
- 5 eggs room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup hazelnut flour (you can use all almond flour, but the
- hazelnut flour gives it more of a "corn"
- flavor/consistency, especially if you are not using the corn meal option below)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons butter flavor extract
- 1/4 cup corn bran or coarse-grain corn meal (reduce almond flour to 1 1/4 cups if you use this option)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cream butter and Splenda well. Add eggs -- one at a time -- beating well after each. Mix almond and hazelnut flours (and corn meal if using) with baking powder and add egg to mixture a little at a time while beating. Add butter flavoring.
Pour into greased 9- to 10-inch Springform pan (or 9-inch round cake pan) and bake at 350 degrees for 50 to 55 minutes.
This recipe yields 12 servings; without corn meal: 3 grams per serving; with corn meal: 5 grams per serving.