Spanish Blue Cheese Olives
- 2 cups large pitted green olives (about 26), patted dry
- 3 ounces Cabrales, Valdeon or other Spanish blue cheese, cut into thin strips or crumbled
- 3 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped rosemary leaves
- 1 lemon, finely grated zest of
Adapted from wholefoodsmarket.com
Fill the cavity of each olive with cheese strips or crumbles. Place olives in a small bowl and toss with oil, rosemary and zest. Let set at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to blend, or refrigerate up to 3 days. Serve at room temperature.