Strawberry Rhubarb Bars
serves 8 - 12
- 1.5 cups whole raw almonds
- 1.5 cups regular oats (for Gluten-free, use GF oats)
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup raisins, soaked for at least an hour
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened rhubarb, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
Adapted from onegreenplanet.org
Step 1 Heat oven to 350°F
Step 2 Combine rhubarb, strawberries, cinnamon and lemon juice in saucepan. Cover; cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until fruit is tender (8 to 12 minutes).
Step 3 Combine 1/2 cup maple syrup and cornstarch in small bowl. Stir into fruit mixture. Continue cooking, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil (about 1 minute). Continue boiling until thickened (1 minute). Remove from heat. Set aside.
Step 4 In a food processor, process the almonds, salt, and oats until a fine crumble forms. Now add in the raisins and process until crumbly again. Melt the coconut oil and add to the mixture and process until sticky.Remove from processor, set aside 3/4 cup of the mixture for later, and press the rest of the mixture very firmly and evenly into a baking pan.
Step 5 Scoop out the fruit mixture onto the crust and gently spread with the back of a wet spatula until even.
Step 6 Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
Step 7 Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool.
Step 8 Refrigerate in the fridge until firm for at least 1 hour, preferably overnight. Cut into squares and serve. Store in the fridge or freezer.
You'll also love
- Kale Pesto with Walnut and Parmesan 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Warm Potato and Goat Cheese Salad 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- One-Pot Pan Seared Chicken Breasts... 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Spiced Popcorn with Pecans &... 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Cranberry-Pistachio Energy Bars 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Lettuce, Banana and Strawberry... 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Rhubarb Bread 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Paleo AIP Strawberry Rhubarb Pie 4.3/5 (3 Votes)