Lamb Chops With Mustard Sauce
- 8 double-thick lamb rib chops
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1 cup reduced sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon ThicknThin Not Starch thickener
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons whole-grain mustard (optional)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Salt to taste
Season lamb chops well with pepper. Heat a large skillet until very hot. Brown chops in two batches, moving them as little as possible in pan. Transfer to a plate.
Return all chops back to pan, reduce heat to low and cook 5 minutes for medium doneness. Transfer to a plate.
Pour red wine into pan; increase heat to high. Scrape up any browned bits with a wooden spoon. Cook wine until almost dry, 1 minute. Add broth and thickener and stir well. Bring to a boil, cook 1 minute, and remove from heat.
Stir in mustard and butter. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Carbohydrates: 2.5 grams
Net Carbs: 1.5 grams
Fiber: 1 grams
Protein: 54.5 grams
Fat: 74 grams