Basic Egg Noodle Pasta
- 4 large eggs (7/8 cup [225 g])
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3-1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
Preparation time 18mins
Cooking time 18mins
Place eggs, water, and flour in bowl. Attach bowl and flat beater. Turn to Speed 2 and mix 30 seconds.
Remove flat beater and attach dough hook. Turn to Speed 2 and knead 2 minutes.
Hand knead dough for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Cover with dry towel and let rest 15 minutes before extruding through Pasta Maker.
Follow cooking instructions, "To Cook Pasta."
Yield: 1-1/4 pounds (625 g) dough.
TO COOK PASTA:
Add 1 tablespoon (15 mL) salt and 1 tablespoon (15 mL) oil to 6 quarts (5.7 L) of boiling water. Gradually add pasta* and continue to cook at a slow boil until pasta is "al dente" or slightly firm to bite. Pasta floats on top of the water as it cooks, so stir occasionally to keep it cooking evenly. When done cooking, drain and rinse pasta in colander.
*For spaghetti, flat noodles and macaroni, cook entire recipe as stated above. For lasagna, cook half of the recipe first and the remaining half immediately after.
You'll also love
- Mushroom Turnovers 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Zucchini Cake with Lime Cream... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- ANGEL HAIR,SHRIMP AL ARRABIATA 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Italian Vegetable Creamy Fettuccine 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Thai Chicken and Glass Noodle... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Yakisoba Noodles from Ohana in... 3.8/5 (160 Votes)
- Sweet Noodle Kugel, Lokshen Kugel 4.7/5 (6 Votes)